Discover UCTC UKM
UKM will be recognised nationally and internationally as a leading model of an engaged university.
UKM will drive strategic and sustainable university-industry-community engagement at national, regional and international levels, by developing and implementing an engagement operational plan to enhance the University’s core business of education, research and service.
- It serves as a reference center for community engagement and the link of university expertise with the global community.
- Be a strategic driver and facilitator between the Center for Responsibility (PTJ) and other stakeholders in carrying out community engagement activities.
- Be the catalyst for the involvement of SMEs in community-based research.
Cultivate and highlight high impact, cross-platform, innovative and sustainable community engagement programmes.
Enhance the university’s expertise, resources, and facilities through community-based engagement and research activities.
Optimize the use of university intellectual and physical infrastructure that contributes significantly to the university’s involvement as the National Leader
5 UCTC INITIATIVES
- Helping faculty create the practical component for university courses.
- Connecting faculty and students to urban and rural transformation activities.
- Enabling local community members to access university courses and underutilized facilities.
- Engaging highly qualified experts to teach short-term practical courses.
- Utilising intellectual & physical infrastructure of universities to promote entrepreneurship.
- Develop clear governance and policy structures to be a leader and model and engagement.
- Develop and implement mechanisms for tracking, monitoring and evaluating engagement.
- Enhance graduate employability.
- Promote academic attachments in industry/community.
- Enhance industry/community collaborations in Niche Research Areas.
- Enhance the University’s social innovation and service through engagement initiatives that promote equity and social participation.
- Develop internal capacity through teaching and learning to undertake high quality industry and community engagement.
- Secure resources to achieve UKM’s industry and community engagement strategic plan.
- Enhance visibility of engagement initiatives through national, regional and international accreditation and platforms.