1. The first concept to form UCTC started from presentation in Summit NBOS Meeting on 21 November 2012 in Putrajaya chaired by Prime Minister of Malaysia.
2. The idea then rationalise in the first UCTC Coordination Meeting on 18 January 2013 chaired by Head of Director Department of Higher Education Malaysia.
3. Officially established by Minister of Higher Education in his speech dated 29 January 2013.
4. University Community Transformation Centre (UCTC UKM) main role is to serve as ‘one-stop community outreach center’ bringing expertise and resources form university (through organising and monitoring university-community partnerships initiatives) driven by impactful, innovative and sustainable knowledge through local community transformation process.
5. UCTC UKM was established on 21 July 2014 as a rebranding from previously known as The Office of Community-University Partnership (PHUM) under Deputy Vice Chancellor, Industry & Community Partnerships.